1. What are the 14 professional development hours?
a. The District wanted to provide additional opportunities during the school year for certificated staff in important areas.
2. Are the 14 hours mandatory?
a. No. If you attend the trainings you will be paid your hourly per diem rate.
3. Are there makeup days if you miss a training?
a. At this point, no. The only exception is for coaches who have a game.
4. Is this 14 hours part of the pay increase that will be in TRI?
a. No, this 14 hours of per diem pay is in addition to the negotiated 2% salary increase.
5. Why did the union agree to the mandated video training and subsequent testing?
a. The state mandated that certificated staff complete these courses. The district cannot mandate that you do these on your own time or use your TRI. You can use your planning time, the 30 minutes before or after the student day, and you can use TRI if you choose.
We still need current home emails!!
Bethel Education Association
201 43rd Avenue SE
Puyallup, WA 98374-2183
Telephone: (253) 845-1872
Cell: (253) 209-1697
FAX: (253) 845-1437